Asaint International Sdn. Bhd. (201901021786 (1331115-U)) (“School”) respects and values the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data and strives to protect the same in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”).
As part of the School’s efforts to protect your personal data, this Personal Data Privacy Notice is formulated in accordance with the Act. For the purpose of this Personal Data Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as ascribed in the Act.
This Personal Data Privacy Notice applies to any person whose Personal Data is processed by the School including but not limited to our customers, employees, suppliers and tenants.
- This Personal Data Notice serves to inform you how your Personal Data is being processed by and/or on behalf of the School.
- The Personal Data processed by the School may include your name, contact details, date of birth, email address and any other personal data required for the purposes set out in the paragraph below.
- Your Personal Data may be collected from various sources, including but not limited to information you have provided to the School, information from third parties and information in the public domain.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The School may collect, retain and use your Personal Data for among others either the following purposes (“the Purposes”):
- providing you with services under any the School’s businesses;
- processing your application under any of the School’s programmes;
- providing you with ongoing information about events and programs, the School’s products, services, special offers, new products, updates and promotions;
- conducting research, developing and improve our events, programs, products and services including but not limited to historical and statistical record-keeping purposes;
- discharging the School’s contractual obligations;
- creating directories, databases or information technology systems for the School’s internal and business operations;
- resolving concerns and complaints;
- recruitment and subsequent human resource-related administration purposes; and
- for any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the School’s internal and daily business operation.
The School may disclose your Personal Data to among others, the following parties as stated below for the following purposes:-
- the School’s parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, related and associated companies;
- the School’s licensees, co-organizers of events, business alliances, agents and service providers (including those located overseas);
- any relevant authorities or bodies;
- auditors, professional advisories;
- to such person pursuant to the requirements of any law, if such action is necessary to comply with the requirement of any law enforcement agency, court order or legal process; or protect and defend the rights or property of the School; the employees from the School’s parent company, subsidiaries, related and associated companies; and
- any other person and/or organizations which the School may think fit.
Notwithstanding that any such persons may be outside Malaysia, your personal data is to be disclosed at the time of its collection or for any other purposes directly related to any of the above Purposes or where such disclosure is required or authorized by law or by the order of a court.
SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
- Reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that any Personal Data held by the School is kept and protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- the School may regularly review the security measures in safekeeping your Personal Data and only authorized staff of the School are allowed to handle the Personal Data.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by the School for a period the School deems fit and necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, and accounting requirements or to protect the School’s interests (“the Retention Period”).
Upon expiry of the Retention Period and/or after the School cease to process your Personal Data, the School will take all necessary action to permanently delete and destroy your Personal Data.
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the Act, you may request to access and/or modify and/or alter and/or update your Personal Data, subject to the followings:
- the School may charge an administration fee for processing your request for access; and
- the School may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction in accordance with the Act.
- The School may cease to process your Personal Data within a reasonable period upon receiving your written notice pertaining to the withdrawal of your consent.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to the School’s official website site, or any part of the site by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to the School on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. the School reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products and services and to meet customer needs.
- The School reserve the right at any time to add, change, update or modify this Personal Data Privacy Notice and notify through method deemed fit by the School. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the website.
- Please note that in the event your Personal Data is not sufficiently supplied, or is not satisfactory to the School, your application or request to the School for any of the Purposes may not be accepted.
- The School shall not be responsible and/or liable for any of your Personal Data provided which are false, not complete, outdated and/or illegal upon performing the Purposes and in such circumstances, you undertake to indemnify the School for any damages, losses and/or expenses incurred by the School against any claim, liabilities, enforcement of law due to your negligence, omission and/or default hereof.